Anxiety & Stress
Anxiety is one of the most common reasons people seek counseling. It also is one of the most treatable conditions. Goals are unique to each client, but in general I will help you:
- Reduce stress and increase your psychological flexibility.
- Tolerate and evaluate what you are thinking and feeling.
- Identify interventions that help you rise above your anxiety.
- Become curious about your anxiety triggers, fears, and worries.
- Live to your full potential.
In general, research has shown that there are three characteristics shared by anxious people. There is a sensitivity to individual triggers that unleashes a fearful response, a focus on the future marked by a desire for certainty, and a tendency to imagine worst-case scenarios.
The common and logical strategy of avoiding stressors in order to reduce discomfort unfortunately serves only to make symptoms worse over time. Perhaps you have experienced this yourself.
Whether you experience panic, worry, social anxiety or a combination of these, you are in the right place.
I am happy to answer questions you might have about anxiety. Give me a call at 404.666.2166 to let me know what's on your mind or email me at email@example.com.